I’ve had this list written for weeks but completely forgot to share it.
- Crackdown 3 – Yeah I loved this game. Yeah I waited years for this game. Yeah this is one of the only games I beat this year. It was amazing, deal with it.
- Luigi’s Mansion 3 – I loved the original Luigi’s Mansion on GameCube and this game feels so much like that. I have not beat it, yet, but I’m close so I feel comfortable including it.
- Sea of Solitude – God this game made me cry and freaked me out. Such a good representation of depression. I had to beat this cause I needed to know what happened. It was beautiful.
- Dragon Quest Builders 2 – I enjoyed Dragon Quest Builders 1, but ended up getting tired of certain parts of it. DQB2 did not have that problem. I have loved playing this game and fully intend to beat it. I’m currently working on the mining island and it is why this game isn’t higher up on my list. I am seriously not a fan of the childlike female characters being dressed in Playboy bunny costumes. The quests on this island are just gross.
- Sims 4: Island Living – This expansion pack got me back into The Sims 4 for quite some time. Lots of great furniture and mechanics. I am, however, always disappointed by the quantity of stuff in Sims 4 EPs.
- Super Mario Maker 2 – I loved the fact that this included a storymode. I had so much fun with it. Then I made easy levels for my daughter and that just added to my enjoyment.
- My Time at Portia – In all fairness I only played about 15 minutes of this game. I could tell, though, that I could easily sink tons of hours into it. In fact I fully intended to go right back to it after I quickly tried DQB2. It’s available on Microsoft Game Pass so I will definitely be going back to it soon.
- Baba is You – This is a nice fun puzzle game that was sometimes easy, sometimes wtf am I supposed to do. It could get incredibly frustrating but I enjoyed it.
- Tetris 99 – I once played so much Tetris on my computer I got carpel tunnel. Yeah. So I didn’t go this far with this one, but I did enjoy it.
- Ring Fit Adventure – I have not played enough of this game. I really need to fix that, because it’s everything I ever wanted in an exercise video game. I love that the enemy is a beefed up body builder. The exercises I’ve tried have all registered correctly and I definitely got a work out when I used it.
11. Outer Worlds – This is another game I barely played. There was a ton of dialogue, which got tedious, but I really liked how the world looked and where the story was going. I also liked that I had no trouble aiming the gun because I often have difficulty with doing that. This is another game available on Microsoft Game Pass so I intend to continue with it as soon as I have time.
12. Anthem – Alright, this game has gotten a lot of shit and rightfully so. It has made my honorable mentions, though, because I love the way it handles. Not a huge fan of anything else, but I loved the flying and shooting lol. I was able to get it for $5 on Black Friday and I feel like it was worth at least that.