This is an Amazon exclusive that I found today. I don’t collect these figures, but seeing it made me all of a sudden want an Agent Carter toybox figure so bad! Ughhhhhh It would be so cool. It’s never going to happen. Agent Carter has been supremely shafted by Marvel, but I’m going to dream. Basically, I’m creating a wish list of figures just for her lol
SuperSorrell has a picture of each on his Instagram which I’ve linked here. None of these are showing up yet on the Disney store.
This is the third Hulk figure and the hundredth Spider-Man figure. Seriously, it’s getting a bit ridiculous with the Spider-Men. Spider-Ham is cool, but a venomized Spider-Man and Hulk? Maybe finish releasing the Guardian’s of the Galaxy or more X-Men figures. Something new please.
So it’s the middle of May. Naturally, I’ve finally watched all the movies I was interested in watching in 2019. I had to wait until Ip Man 4 came out which took some time, and then it kept getting put off for a Brooklyn 99 re-watch that was going on for my mental health. So now, without further ado, the movies I liked the most in 2019.
- John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum – This seriously might be my favorite John Wick movie. I’ve rewatched the first two and while I still love the first a lot, I think Chapter 3 just edges it out of the first spot.
- Captain Marvel – We FINALLY got a female led Marvel superhero movie. I was so freaking excited for this movie. I’ve rewatched it. I bought more merchandise than I care to admit. I still love it. It hurts that I’m going to have to wait so long for a sequel.
- Knives Out – Was not expecting to enjoy this movie as much as I did. I am not a fan of Rein Johnson after The Last Jedi, but this looked fun and I had just enough people tell me to watch it, so I did. It was like an Agatha Christie novel. I loved it. Daniel Craig’s accent was wonderful and I hope we get another movie with his character.
- Avengers: End Game – It was truly amazing what they were able to accomplish with this movie. While I wasn’t a fan of what they did with Captain America, I still find it incredible that they were able to wrap everything up like they did and have it not feel lacking.
- Spider-Man: Far From Home – I loved getting to see the world after Endgame. Jake Gyllenhaal made a perfect villain and the struggles that Peter were having felt right.
- Jojo Rabbit – I’m mainly putting this one here for the scene where you see Scarlett Johansson’s feet dangling. I wasn’t expecting it, I actually gasped. It made everything up until that moment hit so much harder. Even with that it was a movie with humor and not as depressing as I expected it to be.
- Where’d You Go Bernadette – I haven’t read the book, but I like Cate Blanchette so I figured why not. Seeing her struggle and how everyone was truly out to get her and she couldn’t be heard struck my own persecution complex. I thought the movie was funny and it was a surprise hit for me.
- Always Be My Maybe – This movie was fucking hilarious. I’ve watched it a couple times and each time I freaking love it. Ugh I need more romantic comedies like this. Why aren’t there more of these???
- Frozen II – The songs were great, the water effects amazing, the story a bit eh.
- Jumanji: The Next Level – Not as fun as the first one, but I still found it entertaining.
Charlie’s Angels – It truly bums me out that this won’t get a sequel. It wasn’t perfect, but I still really enjoyed it, and holy shit Kristen Stewart was HOT.
I have been waiting for Darth Maul to show up ever since I saw the dual lightsabers. Finally, today he’s showing up on Disney’s online store!! I’m excited.
SuperSorrel posted an image a while ago and I was a bit concerned by Darth Maul’s face, but it seems it’s going to vary by paint job. His grimace isn’t the face I would have gone with, and they messed up his teeth, but overall I’m really liking this figure. Since the paint job does seem to vary I do hesitate to buy him online, though. Who knows when my Disney store will get it? Also, what if it sells out???
Before I forget, Venom and a new Kyle Ren TIE Fighter set are also showing up.
Venom is very bulky, but they aren’t charging more for him like they did with Hulk and Maui. Kylo Ren’s TIE Fighter set is the same price as the original TIE Fighter set, but I feel like they did more with it. It shoots missiles, has sounds, detachable wings, and can spin. However, the other set is still the only way to get the TIE Fighter Pilot.
Glad to see more Star Wars figures, still hoping for some more Disney Princesses.
Wow we’ve got another new set showing up on the Disney online store.
Captain America and Winter Soldier, both with interchangeable heads, as well as a motorcycle that has lights and makes sounds. Bucky is a new figure and I hope he becomes available on his own, but we’ll have to wait and see. He comes with a knife and gun, while Cap has a new shield. Cap looks to be the same mold, but a pretty cool paint job.
Price wise it’s $40, which I still think is too much for a set like this, but it falls in line with others that have been released. It’s nice to see another “side character” I hope we get even more. Also, I’m still holding out for some Disney princesses in the Toybox line.