So it’s the middle of May. Naturally, I’ve finally watched all the movies I was interested in watching in 2019. I had to wait until Ip Man 4 came out which took some time, and then it kept getting put off for a Brooklyn 99 re-watch that was going on for my mental health. So now, without further ado, the movies I liked the most in 2019.
- John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum – This seriously might be my favorite John Wick movie. I’ve rewatched the first two and while I still love the first a lot, I think Chapter 3 just edges it out of the first spot.
- Captain Marvel – We FINALLY got a female led Marvel superhero movie. I was so freaking excited for this movie. I’ve rewatched it. I bought more merchandise than I care to admit. I still love it. It hurts that I’m going to have to wait so long for a sequel.
- Knives Out – Was not expecting to enjoy this movie as much as I did. I am not a fan of Rein Johnson after The Last Jedi, but this looked fun and I had just enough people tell me to watch it, so I did. It was like an Agatha Christie novel. I loved it. Daniel Craig’s accent was wonderful and I hope we get another movie with his character.
- Avengers: End Game – It was truly amazing what they were able to accomplish with this movie. While I wasn’t a fan of what they did with Captain America, I still find it incredible that they were able to wrap everything up like they did and have it not feel lacking.
- Spider-Man: Far From Home – I loved getting to see the world after Endgame. Jake Gyllenhaal made a perfect villain and the struggles that Peter were having felt right.
- Jojo Rabbit – I’m mainly putting this one here for the scene where you see Scarlett Johansson’s feet dangling. I wasn’t expecting it, I actually gasped. It made everything up until that moment hit so much harder. Even with that it was a movie with humor and not as depressing as I expected it to be.
- Where’d You Go Bernadette – I haven’t read the book, but I like Cate Blanchette so I figured why not. Seeing her struggle and how everyone was truly out to get her and she couldn’t be heard struck my own persecution complex. I thought the movie was funny and it was a surprise hit for me.
- Always Be My Maybe – This movie was fucking hilarious. I’ve watched it a couple times and each time I freaking love it. Ugh I need more romantic comedies like this. Why aren’t there more of these???
- Frozen II – The songs were great, the water effects amazing, the story a bit eh.
- Jumanji: The Next Level – Not as fun as the first one, but I still found it entertaining.
Charlie’s Angels – It truly bums me out that this won’t get a sequel. It wasn’t perfect, but I still really enjoyed it, and holy shit Kristen Stewart was HOT.